Ariodante, a luxury tour company, is launching private Arctic Circle tours featuring an unforgettable cruise onboard an icebreaking motor yacht, combined with a range of thrilling land and water-based activities including swimming with orcas, wildlife spotting and submarine and helicopter explorations. Private charters are available from July 2020 – February 2021* and can sleep up to 22 guests. The tours will appeal to those wishing to explore the great white wonder of the Arctic Circle in a truly unique way and groups looking for an isolated holiday once it is safe to travel.
Guests will follow in the footsteps of great explorers and sail through idyllic, ice-choked northern waters, while witnessing monumental glaciers, frozen tundra, spectacular peaks, and an abundance of wildlife from the bow of their private luxury yacht. Tours will be accompanied by two experts enabling guests to learn about the Arctic Circle, in addition to a full crew with experience sailing the Arctic and a chef. Clients will be able to create their own itinerary, and with access to a private submarine and helicopter, will be able to uncover every inch of the Arctic Circle and travel to areas that commercial cruises cannot typically reach.
Tours will start in Svalbard, unless the client requests otherwise, and can travel to all locations in the Arctic Circle. Occupying approximately a sixth of the Earth’s surface, the Arctic Circle is made up of the North Pole and a few large islands, including the Svalbard archipelago and Greenland. Luxurious activities can be added to the hand-crafted seven-night itinerary, including:
- Explore Svalbard, Greenland, and the North Pole
- Opportunity to see polar bears, penguins, seals, orcas, and humpbacks
- Submarine and helicopter exploration
- Snowmobile expeditions
- Swimming in the Arctic – opportunity to swim with Orcas (November and December only)
- Tour of the Arctic Glaciers, including a gastronomic experience on a glacier
- Northern Lights
- Local gastronomy and alcohol tasting on Svalbard Island
- All meals prepared by a private chef and local specialities
Ariodante’s tour will ensure the most relaxed luxury yacht experience across the Arctic Circle combined with the thrills of an unparalleled discovery adventure. Onboard the yacht, guests will have access to super luxe suites, a gym, a Balinese spa with sauna, Jacuzzi and beauty salon, a movie theatre and entertainment system, medical suite, and swimming pool. The once in a lifetime Arctic Circle tour will be available for clients from July 2020 – February 2021. *Dates are dependent on travel restrictions being lifted. Ariodante has two yachts available for charter through Oceanscape, sleeping 12 and 22 guests.
- July & August 2020 – Best time of the year to visit the North Pole with an icebreaker.
- November & December 2020 – The best time to see the Northern lights and dive with Orcas in northern Norway.
- January & February 2021 – Late season in Antarctica provides great wildlife opportunities both on land and sea.
The price of the Arctic Circle tour starts from DH 86,673 per person for a week (based on a group of 12). A minimum of 4 weeks planning is needed. Activities are an additional cost.